GALL BLADDER STONES
- Gall Bladder is a pear shaped organ , situated below the liver in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen. It’s acts like a very small reservoir of bile juice
- Gall stones formation is due to many causes like obesity, hormonal causes, infections etc.
- Pain in upper abdomen occurs due to the stones getting stuck at the neck of the gall bladder.
- Other features can be jaundice, fever, vomiting, excessive burping
- Pain is severe and colicky and may require strong painkillers the and even hospitalization. It is usually associated with nausea and vomiting